Magento Security Scan Tool
Magento Security Scan is a tool provided by the Magento team that monitors your Ecommerce store and notifies you of security breaches.
Magento Security Scan Tool #
Magento Security Scan Is a Tool Provided by the Magento Team That Monitors Your Ecommerce Store and Notifies You of Security Breaches. #
Little know fact is that Magento » provides a security tool that helps you keep your Ecommerce store stay secure.
The tool is free can be found at https://account.magento.com/scanner.
Security Scan Tool Usage #
Tools can be useful to:
- Monitor your sites security status.
- Increase your security monitoring with an optional SSH scan.
- Receive security updates and site specific notification.
Security Scan Tool Configure #
To use the tool and check for a breach or just test your store you will need to follow these steps to verify you are the owner of the shop:
Login into your Magento account at https://account.magento.com/.
You also can create one Magento account for free.
Click on “Add Site” in the top right corner.
Verify Site Ownership.
Here you will need to verify you are the store owner, so you cannot use the scan tool if you don’t have backend access to the shop.
Site URL (example http://www.mystore.com »)
Confirmation code : this can be either via HTML Comment or META Tag.
Instructions are provided for adding this code in your store:
Enter your site URL and click Generate Code.
Copy the Generated Code.
Log in to Magento Admin.
In Magento Admin, add the code in the HTML head or footer. Instructions:
For Magento 1:
- Click System > Configuration > General > Design. You can add the code to either your HTML header or footer.
- To add it to the head, click HTML Head and enter the code in the Miscellaneous Scripts field.
- When you’re finished, click Save Config.
For Magento 2:
- Click Content > Design > Configuration. In the Action column, click Edit next to the website.
- To add the code to the HTML head, expand HTML Head. Enter the code in the Scripts and Style Sheets field.
- When you’re finished, click Save Configuration.
Click Verify Confirmation Code. If code fails please contact your System Integrator or hosting provider
Set Automatic Security Scan. Options are available for setting the frequency of the scan:
- Scan Weekly (recommended)
- Scan Daily
- Do not automatically scan website
Receive report notifications and security updates at email.
Specify the email the report will be sent to.
Click “Submit” to save.